...where every woman over 50 is TOP DOG!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Walk On



I saw a story on the news the other night that concerned me. It was about a school system that voted to eliminate failing grades. This seems to reflect a growing trend in our society that is an attempt to spare children from experiencing failure and disappointment. For example, in some cases, every child makes the team or gets a ribbon, even for finishing last in a competition.

I believe one of the reasons I became a strong WOOFer is because I experienced failure and disappointment. Whenever I would fall on my face, finish last, not reach a goal or make the team, my father would say "You don't always win and who told you life was fair anyway? Take this experience and grow from it. Get up, brush yourself off and walk on!"

This journey we call life is full of failure and disappointment. I'm glad I learned early that the bumps in the road make us better and stronger human beings. It also prepares us to handle the many roadblocks we will face as adults.

Melinda


***************



For more Women Only Over Fifty thoughts & stories:

WOOF available through Amazon and Echelon Press!


Accentuate The Pawsitive!

No comments: