...where every woman over 50 is TOP DOG!

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Red Dress Diary: 12 -- Your Place or Mine?


Mad Dog's gettin' married! Every Friday we're reading from her "secret" diary as the big day approaches! Shhh... Entry 12:


Your Place or Mine?

Ceremony plans may not be as complicated and detailed when you marry later in life, but there are other decisions older couples have to make.

Most mature couples have two established homes. Deciding which house you will reside in can be a tough decision. In our case, Tom made the decision for us. I had gone from Daddy to dormitory to husband. I never had a place of my own, until I bought and decorated a new home after my husband died.

Tom knew how important it was for me to keep my new found independence, and suggested that we use his place as a weekend second home. But I wanted him to feel our primary residence was his, too. So we bought some new furniture, and replaced a few of my furnishings with Tom's photos and knickknacks. It may be my house, but hopefully we are turning it into our home.


Melinda (Mad Dog)

What's your WOOFer breed? Check it out in WOOF: Women Only Over Fifty

No comments: