...where every woman over 50 is TOP DOG!

Friday, March 11, 2011

WOOF: Dog Tails -The Lollipop Incident




Ginger is a wonderful dog with an outward friendly personality. She loves everyone, but she also carries a good sense of people and whether they should be around our three boys or not. But, Ginger has another side, a sneaky side which has brought us several hilarious moments and many that I can only shake my head at!

Ginger caught on very early to my routines and the best times for her to carry out her jaunts. Ginger particularly enjoyed sleeping in my bed if I was gone for the day!

As a general rule I knew where to find her if I had been gone for a lengthy amount of time, I did try to give her the benefit of the doubt. So when I came home one day from running errands with the kids, I wasn‘t surprised to find a very quiet home. Ginger sometimes trapped herself in the boys’ room because the door would close by itself. I went upstairs to check there first but the room was empty. There was only one other place she could be. I took a deep breath, sighed and headed to my bedroom. As I pushed the door open, I could only stand in the doorway, staring in disbelief! Ginger was in my bed, stretched out on her stomach with one of the kids’ lollipops stuck between her two front paws. Clearly enjoying herself, she looked up at me and then very nonchalantly went back to eating her lollipop. I was so fuming mad I chased her off my bed, down the stairs and out the front door!

Ginger and I have had our moments; days where I would have sworn she was purposefully trying to drive me crazy. And we have had our moments where I have said she is the best dog in the world a family could have. When I look back on all the memories we have because of her, because of Ginger's sneaky but loving personality, I just have to laugh and be thankful for that sneaky, lovable dog that we call friend!

Jennifer Brewer

Thanks for submitting your Dog Tail, Jennifer!

For more Dog Tails, Buy WOOF: Women Only Over Fifty!


Submission guidelines for:
"Dog Tails:
Stories About Women & Their Best Tail-Wagging Friends”


How to tell your story:
Whether your special canine buddy is still with you or not, we’re looking for nonfiction stories told in first person with action, dialogue and an emotional pivotal ending. Make readers laugh, cry, get chills!

How not to tell your story:
Stories should not be political in nature or preachy. We want original, unpublished stories that are 400 words or less.

How to submit your story:
A Word document e-mailed to
GreatDames@WoofersClub.com

(Remember to save a copy for yourself!)

How to submit your picture:
Jpeg or Gif submitted to
GreatDames@WoofersClub.com



No comments: