...where every woman over 50 is TOP DOG!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why Don't We Just Dance?




The news these days can be pretty darn depressing. Between the recession and mounting expenses, the price of living is skyrocketing. We have rising crime and unemployment rates, lower educational standards, celebrities who act like idiots, politicians who act like celebrities, corporations who have to be bailed out, and regular citizens who won’t take responsibility for their own actions or livelihood—let alone help anyone else. And that is just some of craziness that seems to surround us.

Here’s my theory: All I can do is try to be the best person I know how to be. I can’t change the world, but I can try to make the people around me happy and comfortable. I can be a responsible, productive human being and try to help others who need a hand. Other than that, what can I do? I don’t need to worry so much about things I can’t control.

I heard the new Josh Turner song the other day and loved the philosophy reflected in the lyrics. In “Why Don’t We Just Dance,” he sings: “Nothing but bad news on. Well, it might be me, but the way I see it the whole world has gone crazy. So baby, why don’t we just dance?”

I have a very happy life, and I know that not all the news is bad--but some days it does feel like the world has gone crazy. So on those days when I feel like the world is spinning out of control around me, I can’t think of anything better than “Why Don’t We Just Dance?” Instead of focusing on the negative like we often do as we age, it is a great idea to take a break every once in a while and celebrate life.

Sometimes you just have to kick off your shoes, grab a partner and have some fun!


Melinda

No comments: