...where every woman over 50 is TOP DOG!

Friday, January 23, 2009

A "Green Bag" Solution







I caught a segment on our local NBC station the other morning on "Debbie Meyer Green Bags." In case you're not familiar with this phenomenon, these bags "prolong the life of your fruits, vegetables and cut flowers without the use of chemicals. Stock up on produce without worrying about rapid spoilage or extend the life of your homegrown fruits and veggies."

Seems these bags absorb and remove damaging gases that are released from ripening fruits and vegetables.

Got me thinking. Wonder how these bags would work on aging WOOFers? Now, before you dismiss the idea of wearing a green bag to work, the grocery, even sitting at your computer, which comprises 90% of my day, imagine just wearing them at night! You spend about 8 hours in bed. That figures out to be one-third of your life. One third that WOULDN'T AGE!

An extra-added benefit...those refried beans you had at dinner? No worries! Green Bags will take care of the consequences!

One problem. Unless I can figure out how to put a bag over my head without asphyxiating, my face is going to look a whole heck of a lot older than my body. Any ideas?

(In the meantime, check out WOOF for more fabulous tips on aging gracefully!)



Milkbone (Mary Cunningham)

Debbie Meyer Green Bags

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a concept! I've often thought of putting a bag over my head on those bad hair days, but never considered using them as a form of preservative. It doesn't surprise me that you'd suggest such an innovative approach. When it comes to techniques for rejuvenation, I just knew by coming to the Woofers for guidance, I'd be barking up the right tree!

Mary Cunningham said...

Love your enthusiasm, Eileen!

Tell ya what...if you try it, let us know if it works! LOL

Morgan Mandel said...

I have a feeling we'll have to find a different solution to staying young, but glad it works for food.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Mary Cunningham said...

But, it sounds so perfect! Where's your sense of adventure, Morgan? LOL

Gayle Carline said...

You could try using a straw...

I always thought I was extending my lifespan by eating all those preservatives. Twinkies rock!

Mary Cunningham said...

Twinkies!! Love the way you think, Gayle.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how funny! It's obvious the you inside isn't old at all.

Mary Cunningham said...

Thanks for the comment, Linda, but the outside of me is looking very old! Funny thing...inside, I still feel like a teenager!